When you have been arrested for a drug offense, you need the help of a
seasoned drug crime attorney. Texas does not take the prosecution of drug
crimes lightly, and in many cases, even possessing small amounts of any
controlled substance can result in significant jail time, fines, probation,
and a stain on your criminal record. Do not leave your future in the hands
of the court! Hire a drug crime lawyer that fits your specific needs is crucial.
What should I ask a potential attorney?
There are many things you want to be looking for when trying to find an
attorney that best fits your needs. This is not a decision that should
be rushed into. Search for the right counsel online and make a list of
attorneys you are interested in meeting with. Many attorneys will schedule
free consultations with potential clients to learn about their case and
whether or not they are a fit for each other.
At this consultation, be sure to ask:
- Is the attorney licensed to practice law in the state of Texas?
- What reviews or testimonials are available to discern the lawyer's
- What other cases does the attorney take on besides drug crimes?
- How much of their legal practice involves drug crimes?
- What kind of firm does the attorney work for?
- How can you communicate with the attorney outside of scheduled meetings?
- What number of cases does the lawyer take on at any time?
- How long has the lawyer been practicing? How long have they been in Texas?
- What awards and accolades have they won in their time as an attorney?
- How much will their service cost and what factors affect their price?
Once you have worked through these questions, and any others that may arise
during your meeting, you can further break down what qualities you are
looking for. This can help you reduce your list even further before zeroing
in on the attorney that is skilled in drug defense and can aggressively
fight for your freedoms.
To schedule a free initial consultation
with a Zendeh Del Law Firm, PLLC drug crimes defense attorney, contact our firm today!