Se Habla Español
Stay Informed & Familiar with Our Firm Criminal Defense, Immigration & Disability News

Temporary Spousal Support during Divorce

If you are currently going through a divorce, you can get temporary spousal support while your case is pending. The courts have the authority to issue these payments if one spouse is unemployed or earns significantly less than the other spouse.

There are not specific guidelines for these payments, so if you want to seek temporary support you will want to carefully organize an argument that explains what your needs are and what resources your spouse has that can meet those needs.

You should talk with a Plano divorce attorney today if you want to seek temporary spousal support during the divorce and are hoping for more information on this process. With a skilled and highly trained legal representative, you will be able to organize your argument effectively and professionally. Call us today to get sound representation from a local law firm with extensive experience. We are here to help you with all of your family law needs!