Coming to the U.S. as a Permanent Worker

Coming to the U.S. as a Permanent Worker

Are you interested in coming to the United States and working here permanently? Considering the fact that the U.S. has one of the most diverse and robust work climates in the world, it is understandable why you would want to seek employment in the U.S.

Each year, approximately 140,000 immigrant visas are provided to aliens and their spouses and children who seek to immigrate to the United States due to their employability and what their work experience can bring to our great nation.

If you have the right education, skills and work experience, you may be eligible to live and work in the United States permanently. There are five employment-based visa categories, including:

  • EB-1 (first preference): This category is for individuals with extraordinary ability in the arts, education, sciences or athletics. It also includes professors, researchers and multinational executives.
  • EB-2 (second preference): This visa is for individuals with advanced degrees or for people with exceptional ability in business, the arts or sciences.
  • EB-3 (third preference): This visa is for professionals and skilled workers.
  • EB-4 (fourth preference): This is for special immigrants, such as religious workers, alien minors who are wards of the United States courts, and employees of U.S. foreign service posts etc.
  • EB-5 (fifth preference): This visa is for business investors who invest between $500,000 and $1 million in a new commercial enterprise that employs at minimum 10 U.S. workers (full time).

Do I need a job offer?

Some of the immigrant visa preferences mentioned above do require that you already have a job offer from a U.S. employer. The employer would be considered your sponsor.

Some of the visa categories require that your U.S. employer submit an immigration petition to the USCIS and obtain an approved labor certification from the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL).

Would you like more information about permanent workers? Contact The Zendeh Del Law Firm to meet with a Plano immigration attorney. We can answer your questions and help you gain clear direction on your case!