Do You Need An Employment Visa?

Employment visas allow an individual to enter the U.S. for purposes of employment either temporarily or indefinitely. This process is complex and filled with potential roadblocks. If not properly managed, your employment-based immigration could be jeopardized. Work with our Plano immigration lawyer to ensure that you complete the process smoothly and effectively! Attorney Jason Zendeh Del has provided immigration legal services for many years and is widely recognized for his work on behalf of his clients. One of his many awards is he has received a 10.0 “Superb” rating from Avvo and an A+ grade from the BBB. He can work tirelessly for you.

Immigrant & Nonimmigrant Worker Visas

There are various types of temporary non-immigrant visas that can allow you to remain and work in the U.S. Most of them depend upon the skills you possess and your purpose for coming to the U.S. You can select from the following:

  • A Visa – diplomats, foreign government officials, and their assistants
  • C Visa (Transit Visa) – individuals whose travel takes them through the U.S., without actually entering the U.S.
  • D Visa (Crewman Visa) – individuals serving on board a vessel or aircraft
  • E Visa – treaty traders, treaty investors, and certain “specialty occupation” professionals from Australia
  • G Visa – national representatives to international organizations, like the United Nations
  • H-1B Visa – individuals with bachelor’s or higher degrees in the specific specialty to work in “specialty occupations”
  • H-2A Visa – temporary agricultural workers for jobs for which qualified U.S. workers are unavailable
  • H-2B Visa – temporary nonagricultural workers for jobs for which qualified U.S. workers are unavailable
  • H-3 Visa – individuals seeking non-medical education and non-graduate training not available in their country and individuals participating in a special education exchange program
  • I Visa (Journalists/Media Visa) – representatives of the foreign media traveling to the U.S. for their profession
  • J Visa (Exchange Visitors) – participants in exchange visitor programs in the U.S. through a designated sponsoring organization
  • L-1 Visa (Intra-Company Transferee Visa) – employees whose multi-national company employers seek their services in the U.S.
  • NATO Visa – certain representatives and staff of North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) member countries
  • O Visa – individuals with extraordinary ability in science, education, business, or athletics, and their assistants
  • P Visa – internationally recognized and culturally unique entertainers and athletes
  • Q-1 Visa – participants in U.S. government-approved international cultural exchange programs
  • R-1 Visa – ministers and religious workers
  • TN Visa – Canadian and Mexican nationals with the necessary North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) professional qualification credentials

Other visas are available for immigrants looking for permanent legal residency. These include EB-1, 2, and 3 which can allow for a permanent stay in the country for those of exceptional ability in the arts, business, or education, or professionals with advanced degrees.

Retain Our Immigration Lawyer For Counsel

Consulting with our Plano immigration attorney, Jason Zendeh Del can help you understand what your precise needs are and which type of visa is most appropriate for you. He can coach you through the requirements of each visa and help you in filling out the correct paperwork and submitting it appropriately. Our firm has a track record of working hard for our clients to get them the legal documentation they need. Schedule a consultation with our firm today!