re You Seeking Social Security Disability Benefits?
Social Security Disability (SSD) is available to individuals with disabilities that impact their ability to earn a living. A reliable Plano Social Security Disability attorney can answer your questions about the claims process and ensure your application includes sufficient medical documentation and evidence regarding the extent of your injury or illness. There are many actions you can take – and some things you shouldn’t do – to improve your chances of receiving SSD benefits. The following is a list of SSD do’s and don’ts. DO:
- Find out from a qualified disability lawyer if you qualify for benefits
- Apply for SSD after your fifth month of disability
- Keep all of the correspondence that you receive from the Social Security Administration (SSA)
- Let your healthcare provider know that you are filing a claim
- Follow through on your medical treatment plan and/or program
- Keep records of your medical appointments
- File an appeal if you have been denied benefits
- Have a knowledgeable disability attorney prepare your claim
- Decide that you are ineligible for SSD benefits until you have consulted a disability lawyer
- Refuse treatment or miss medical appointments
- Fail to respond to SSA requests for additional information
- Give up if you claim is disapproved
- Expect the SSA to collect all of your medical records, tests and other information
The Zendeh Del Law Firm, PLLC, can give you sound advice regarding the SSD process and how to ensure a favorable outcome. We are highly experienced in SSD cases and have assisted many claimants.
Contact a Plano Social Security Disability attorney from our office if you are seeking disability benefits for an injury or illness to discuss filing an SSD claim.