Can I Extend My Nonimmigrant Status?

You may be wondering if it’s possible for you to extend your nonimmigrant status. A “nonimmigrant” is an alien who’s admitted to the United States for a temporary time period, one that is specific. As a nonimmigrant, there are very clear conditions on your stay.

There are many different types of nonimmigrants, such as students, exchange visitors, foreign government officials, investors, treaty traders, fiancés of U.S. citizens, NATO officials, religious workers, people who visit the U.S. for business or pleasure, and temporary workers.

Do You Wish to Extend Your Stay?

We have to admit, the U.S. is a pretty great place to live, work, and visit. If you have nonimmigrant status, you may want to stay in the U.S. longer than you’ve been allowed. In that case, you’ll have to go through the appropriate and required steps to do so legally. In order to apply to extend your nonimmigrant status, you have to be applying for yourself and by yourself, and you cannot have any co-applicants.

If you have nonimmigrant status, there is a very good chance that you are eligible to apply to extend your stay in the U.S. For example, if you’re a temporary visitor on business, or if you’re a temporary visitor for pleasure, or if you’re an exchange visitor, a vocational student, a child of a special immigrant, a spouse of a vocational student, a spouse of an athlete or entertainer, a spouse or child of a religious worker, etc., you can apply to extend your stay in the U.S.

“What if I’m a family member of a nonimmigrant?” If you want to apply as a part of a family, you can choose to apply as co-applicants or you can apply as individuals. To learn more about extending your nonimmigrant status in the U.S., contact The Zendeh Del Law Firm, PLLC to arrange a meeting with one of our attorneys. We’d be happy to answer your questions and help steer you in the right direction.

Related Posts​

Recent Posts

Practice Area