Texas Marijuana Crime Penalties
At our firm, we are prepared to go above and beyond to defend our clients in cases involving marijuana. While some states have reduced the penalties for marijuana, you can still expect a heavy punishment in Texas for any crime involving marijuana, including even simple possession.
- 2 ounces or less – Up to 180 days in jail and a fine of $2,000
- 2 to 4 ounces – Up to 1 year and as much as $4,000 in fines
- 4 ounces to 5 pounds – Prison time as long as 2 years and a fine of up to $10,000
- Possessing less than 4 ounces – is considered a misdemeanor charge.
- 7 grams and 5 pounds – the penalties include up to 2 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.
- Sale of any amount of marijuana over 5 pounds – is considered a minor felony, carrying a mandatory minimum sentence of 2 years, with the possibility of up to 20 years in prison, as well as a $10,000-$100,000 fine.
- Trafficking marijuana – you can face 180 days in jail and a $2,000 fine.
Qualified Representation With The Zendeh Del Law Firm, PLLC
Are you facing drug crimes charges? Get a former prosecutor fighting for your defense. Trust that the legal approach taken will be one of experience and confidence. We also offer services in Spanish. You need to have an aggressive defender fighting for you! We have the background, trial skills and record of success that you will need defending you. Our founder is a former Texas prosecutor and has extensive insight into how to best craft a defense. Call today to learn how we can help. Call our Plano drug crime attorney now for high quality, experienced defense counsel!