The Right Gear Could Save Your Life in a Crash
Are you new to motorcycles and worrying about safety? It’s impossible to make motorcycles 100% safe, but you can mitigate the risks of an injury accident by investing in good safety gear to protect you in case of a wreck, not to mention it will make your ride a more comfortable and enjoyable experience.
Some of the must-have pieces of gear you should wear while on your bike include:
- Helmet: Wearing a helmet may take some getting used to, but a helmet gives you a 37% better chance of surviving a crash, per data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Not only will it protect your head, it also protects you from the elements, including wind, sun, and debris. Make sure to choose a Department of Transportation (DOT)-approved helmet that fits properly and has good ventilation.
- Gloves: These protect your hands and wrists from debris, including rocks or bugs that may hit you. These also are useful to protect your hands and wrists in case of an accident.
- Safety jacket: No matter the temperature outside, a protective jacket is essential. It should be made of a material that will stand up to abrasion, or “road rash,” in an accident. Thick leather or Kevlar are sturdy material types that can protect you. A brighter color jacket can also make you more visible on the road.
- Boots: Proper footwear with non-skid soles will grip the pavement and your bike’s foot pegs. Botos protect your feet and ankles from debris flying up off the road and from any burns.
- Pants: Protection is key when choosing motorcycle pants. Leather, Kevlar, and other synthetic materials offer the best protection, but at the very least, make sure you wear heavy denim jeans. Other pieces of clothing are not suited to riding a motorcycle, such as shorts, dress pants, or athletic pants.
- And more: You may opt for reflective tape, rain gear, a horn, headlight, anti-fog rags, and so on.
Injured in a Motorcycle Accident? Contact Us for Legal Help.
The fact is, many motorcycle riders are injured by distracted, reckless, or frustrated car or truck drivers. To add to this, motorcyclists also have no external safety features, making catastrophic injury more probable. For motorcycle accident survivors, it’s imperative to pursue your due compensation to facilitate your physical, financial, and emotional recovery process. At The Zendeh Del Law Firm, PLLC, we can help you regain your career and personal life with compassionate guidance and aggressive representation.
Contact us at Zendeh Del Law Firm, PLLC at 888-4-ZEN-LAW to schedule your consultation. We represent personal injury victims in the following Texas counties: Dallas, Collin, and Tarrant.