Working in the United States

Would you like to work in the United States? If so, you will have to obtain one of the following immigration documents:

  • A Green Card, also known as a Permanent Resident Card,
  • A work permit, also known as an Employment Authorization Document, or
  • One of the employment-related visas, which allow immigrants to work for a particular employer while they’re in the U.S.

Each of the immigration documents listed above have different requirements. If you are interested in working in the U.S., you’ll need to find out which document above is the ideal for your situation.

Suppose you are approved for one of the above documents. In that case, the conditions that will be imposed upon you and the length of time you can legally work in the U.S. will depend on which document you obtain, whether it’s a Green Card, visa, or work permit.

Once you obtain permission to work in the U.S., you must adhere to the applicable conditions. If you fail to obey the conditions of your particular work authorization, or if you violate any of the conditions imposed, you could face removal proceedings and you may not be allowed back into the U.S.

Four Types of Workers

The four types of workers include:

  1. The temporary nonimmigrant worker refers to individuals looking to come to the U.S. temporarily, but for a specific purpose.
  2. The permanent nonimmigrant worker is authorized to live and work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
  3. Student and exchange visitors may be allowed to work in the U.S., but they must get permission from their school before they can work.
  4. Temporary visitors for business who visit the U.S. on business must obtain the B-1 visa, unless they can enter the U.S. without a visa under the Visa Waiver Program.

If you are interested in working in the U.S., contact The Zendeh Del Law Firm, PLLC to speak with a Plano immigration attorney. We can help you determine which employment documentation would be most relevant in your immigration case.

Related Posts​

Recent Posts

Practice Area