Are you facing driving while intoxicated (DWI) charges in Plano or Dallas? If so, you may be trying to decide whether to plead guilty or to fight your DWI charges.
We’ll tell you right now that you DON’T want to sit back, do nothing and let the criminal justice system determine your fate, and we’re going to explain why.
A DWI conviction has many negative consequences that will affect your life for years to come. If you’re an everyday citizen who does not have a criminal record, a DWI conviction will affect you more than say, someone who’s been living with the stigma of a criminal record for years.
DWI Convictions & Your Future
If you care about how much you pay for auto insurance, and if you care about your career, you want to seriously consider hiring a DWI attorney to fight your charges. That being said, here are some of the key reasons why it’s worth fight a DWI:
- For a first offense, you pay up to a $2,000 fine
- A first offense is punishable by up to 6 months in jail
- You will have to pay an annual fee of up to $2,000 for three years just to keep your driver’s license
- A DWI stays on your criminal record indefinitely
- A DWI will cause your auto insurance to skyrocket
- A DWI comes up on criminal background checks
- If you have a Green Card, a felony DWI can lead to deportation
- If you have a Green Card, a drug-related DWI can lead to deportation
- You could be barred from travelling to Canada for up to 10 years with a DWI on your record
- A DWI can impact child custody battles
- You can be placed on probation
- Depending on your employer’s views on DWI, you could lose your job
- You may have to install an Ignition Interlock Device
- A DWI conviction can bar you from obtaining: scholarships, jobs, housing, and professional licenses
If you are facing drug or alcohol-related DWI charges in Plano or Dallas, we urge you to contact Zendeh Del Law Firm, PLLC, to schedule a case evaluation. We can arm you with the information you need to tackle your DWI case and seek a favorable resolution!